Black Theatre Night
Join us for an evening of celebrating and amplifying Black voices and access to Black theatre for all audiences. Black Theatre Night is part of our ongoing initiatives to create an inclusive and welcoming space for our diverse audiences. Enjoy the show and light refreshments at a post-show social mixer. Check back soon for the next Black Theatre Night!
About Black Theatre Night at BRT
- Black Theatre Night affirms and celebrates Black-theatre makers. It is BRT’s intention to transcend barriers to storytelling by creating an environment that welcomes deeper cultural sensory experiences for our vibrant local Black community.
- BRT strives to create an inclusive and welcoming space for our diverse audiences.
- We are committed to producing and elevating the work of artists of color.
- Through community outreach, we work collaboratively with our partners to make the event more widely accessible through reduced pricing.
Black Theatre Night History
- Black theatre performances, originated in 2019 with Jeremy O. Harris’ Broadway hit Slave Play.
- Black theatre performances have since spread to theaters in Boston, London, D.C, Philadelphia, and now Bristol, PA
“It’s not a ‘blacks only’ theatre performance, it’s an affinity night for black audience members to rectify the decades of exclusion from theaters in their communities. This is not segregation but an attempt at radically integrating a theatre-going audience that is underserved.”
– Jeremy O. Harris
Black Out Nite Origin: Click here.
Jeremy O. Harris: Click here.
OUR EVENT PARTNERS