FRONT OF HOUSE ASSOCIATE: Bristol Riverside Theatre is hiring part time front of house associates to work 5-10 hours per SHOW week, primarily on nights and weekends with weekly Monday 9:00-5:00 shifts. Ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, curious individual with excellent people skills and verbal communication as well as the ability to work well under pressure.
- Positively represent the theatre when interacting with customers
- Serve bar patrons during shows while adhering to Pennsylvania RAMP rules and regulations.
- Keep accurate inventory of snack bar and alcoholic beverages and reconcile financial transactions.
- House Management
- Efficiently and successfully delegate ushering, ticket taking, concessions and other important duties to our staff of volunteers.
- Set up and break down tables, chairs and food items for special events.
- Ensure that all patron areas are clean and safe
- Box Office
- Quickly and efficiently deliver and sell tickets using complex Tessitura ticketing software in a fast-paced environment via walk up and phone orders.
- Accurately report on sales at the end of shift.
- Handle customer complaints; ensure a pleasant customer experience and solve problems as needed.
- A love of theatre
- Upbeat, enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Detail oriented
- Excellent computer skills required (MS Office suite; Tessitura database system experience preferred)
- Minimum one-year customer service experience
- Good people skills
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Be able to lift and move heavy boxes
- Stand for an extended period
- Go up and down steps with ease
To apply: Email resume and cover letter WITH 3 REFERENCES LISTED (at least 2 should be from previous employers) to the Patron Experience Manager, Kate Forehand at firstname.lastname@example.org
Production No positions available at this time. Check back again soon.
Auditions OPEN CALL FOR THE CHRISTIANS
BRT will hold auditions for the church chorus to be played by community members in The Christians. Community members will rehearse during evening and weekend rehearsals alongside the professionals, then perform with them on the BRT stage!
Who do we want?
Experience is not necessary, but this is a professional theatre production and will require a substantial time commitment and dedication to the process. Sincere curiosity about the work, willingness to take on the multiple responsibilities of a cast member, ability to carry a tune, and positive energy are the only requirements.
Roles are available for actors ages 7-90.
What happens at the audition?
You will be asked to fill out an audition form. Please bring your calendar, as you will be required to complete a calendar of any potential conflicts during the rehearsal and performance period. You may want to plan to arrive early for your audition in order to complete the necessary paperwork.
You will be asked to sing a short selection of a favorite song in the audition room. Don’t worry about the “right” or “wrong” way to perform; the audition is simply the staff’s chance to get to know who you are and what you might bring to this production.
Where are the auditions?
BRT’s Rehearsal Studio: 201 Cedar Street Bristol, PA, 19007 (one block from the theatre)
When are the auditions?
– Callbacks held on Monday April 1
Appointments are required
Rehearsals April 9 – April 29
Specific times and days will be distributed at the audition
All actors may not be called to every rehearsal; however, the logistics of our schedule require availability during these times. Some community actors may also be invited to join additional rehearsals, based on availability.
Additional Rehearsals April 30 & May 1
11am-4pm (followed by preview performance)
Tuesdays-Sundays, Performances April 30 – May 19
Some roles may be double cast; therefore, every actor may not be required to attend every performance.
How can I schedule an audition?
Email Susan D. Atkinson at email@example.com with “The Christians” in the subject line. Please tell us the times you are available. No phone calls please.
Script Submissions BRT thanks you for your interest in submitting a script for season consideration. BRT reads and considers work for both its mainstage season as well as the America Rising: Voices of Today new and contemporary play staged reading series. Due to the volume of plays and musicals that we read, we can no longer accept unsolicited work for consideration. All plays and musicals must be submitted via agent or MFA Playwriting program recommendation only.
We apologize for any inconvenience and wish you the best of luck in finding a home for your work.
If submitting via agent or MFA program, e-mail submissions are preferred. All scripts should be sent to the Artistic Associate listed on the staff page. If necessary, please send hard copies to:
Bristol Riverside Theatre
Attn: General Manager
120 Radcliffe Street
Bristol, PA 19007