Administrative No positions available at this time. Check back again soon.
Production TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Terms of Employment: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Salary Range: Mid 40k
Location: 120 Radcliffe Street, Bristol, PA 19007
Application Deadline: July 15, 2020
Start Date: TBD
Bristol Riverside Theatre is a mid-sized regional theatre whose mission is to engage audiences and artists alike with exceptional performances, inspired writing, and superior productions that motivate us to think harder, to feel more deeply, to laugh more joyfully, and to reflect on ourselves and the world in which we live. Under new leadership in the 2020-21 season, BRT is renewing its commitment to new play development that will resonate with our Bucks County audience as well as the greater American theatre community. We are committed to attracting and serving a diverse community with stories that address the breadth of the human experience from a multitude of viewpoints. Located in the historic district of Bristol Borough, the theatre combines the excitement of a large stage with the intimacy of a 300-seat theater with outstanding lighting and sound technology. The staff is comprised of 14 full time and 13 part-time employees, with most senior staff having been with the organization for a minimum of 10 years.
To realize our goals to produce first-rate theatrical productions, we seek a highly driven, resourceful, collaborative, and strategy-minded Technical Director who is passionate about theatre and who is committed to moving the art form forward. The Technical Director will manage and oversee all technical aspects of production including, but not limited to, scenery construction, installation, implementation, removal, rigging and crew supervision. The Technical Director will supervise 5 mainstage productions and 4 concerts annually, and may also be called upon for coordination and technical assistance for presented events throughout the year. The Technical Director is expected to demonstrate strong management skills, collaborate with artistic staff, multi-task, meet deadlines, and exercise independent judgment. This position is supervised by and reports directly to the Production Manager.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Technical Director performs the following duties:
– Supervises and manages the construction and realization of all sets that appear on the BRT stage by:
– Strategizing and working with designers to analyze cost, safety and practicality of designs.
– Budgeting and estimating the work-hours necessary to realize each set.
– Producing construction drawings with CAD software to demonstrate the approach to construction.
– Strategizing, scheduling, tracking, and reporting on carpentry work calls.
– Supervising carpentry crews to safely and efficiently construct, transport, load-in, and strike sets.
– Ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget.
– Attending all technical rehearsals and production meetings.
– Ensuring the scene shop and theatre remain safe workplaces.
– Manages the theatre’s production equipment by:
– Taking inventory of and maintaining production equipment.
– Advising the Production Manager of necessary equipment replacements and acquisitions.
– Ensuring that equipment is organized and stored appropriately.
– Manages the BRT scene shop by:
– Supervising day-to-day operations.
– Supervising carpentry work calls.
– Taking inventory of supplies, and advising Production Manager of acquisition needs.
– Ordering supplies when authorized by Production Manager
– Ensuring that the scene shop remains clean, organized and safe.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The desired experience and qualifications for this position include:
– MFA in technical direction or 5 years of proven experience.
– Minimum of 2 years of employment at a professional theatre working in a technical capacity.
– Proven experience as a staff leader.
– Strong collaborative communication skills.
– Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
– Strong organizational skills
Salary is Mid 40K. Full time employees receive comprehensive health coverage, dental coverage offered with small employee contribution, sick and personal time off, paid vacation time and are paid weekly.
The start date of this position will depend on our ability to produce and present live entertainment for an audience. We are conducting our search now, but the contract will not begin until we reopen.
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Technical Direct
or” in the subject line of your email.
With your resume, please submit a cover letter describing:
– Your unique qualifications for this position
– What attracted you to this job.
Bristol Riverside Theatre will accept applications until July 15, 2020, or until the position is filled. Applications will be accepted and reviewed immediately. Qualified candidates may be asked to submit additional information, including portfolio and references from people with whom they have worked in the past. Bristol Riverside Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.
Auditions No positions available at this time. Check back again soon.
Script Submissions BRT thanks you for your interest in submitting a script for season consideration. BRT reads and considers work for both its mainstage season as well as the America Rising: Voices of Today new and contemporary play staged reading series. Due to the volume of plays and musicals that we read, we can no longer accept unsolicited work for consideration. All plays and musicals must be submitted via agent or MFA Playwriting program recommendation only.
We apologize for any inconvenience and wish you the best of luck in finding a home for your work.
If submitting via agent or MFA program, e-mail submissions are preferred. All scripts should be sent to the Artistic Associate listed on the staff page. If necessary, please send hard copies to:
Bristol Riverside Theatre
Attn: General Manager
120 Radcliffe Street
Bristol, PA 19007