Organization: Bristol Riverside Theatre
Position: Scenic Charge Painter
Terms of Employment: Part Time, Year-Round
Salary Range: $25.71/hour (goes to $26.48 on 9/1/23)
Union Status: IATSE Local 8 (do not need to be union to apply, but must join once hired).
Location: 120 Radcliffe Street, Bristol, PA 19007
Bristol Riverside Theatre is a mid-sized regional theatre whose mission is to engage audiences and artists alike with exceptional performances, inspired writing, and superior productions that motivate us to think harder, to feel more deeply, to laugh more joyfully, and to reflect on ourselves and the world in which we live. Located in the historic district of Bristol Borough, the theatre has a full-time staff of 13employees.We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives and reflects our community. We offer over 200 performances per year including 5 mainstage theatre productions, 3-8 presented theatre productions, and 4-8 concerts.
We seek a resourceful, reliable, and collaborative Scenic Charge Painter who will develop the methods and process used to realize set designs and physically paint sets, especially those requiring specialty treatments. This position is supervised by and reports directly to the Production Manager. BRT operates under a collective bargaining agreement with IASTE Local 8, representing the stagehands employed at the theatre.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Scenic Charge Painter performs the following duties:
- Collaborates with set designers to realize the design vision.
- Paints scenery, including specialty treatments.
- Schedules, manages, and supervises other painters.
- Maintains paint stock, materials, and tools (including purchasing and disposal).
- Estimates and manages budgets for departmental labor and materials.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2 years experience.
- Working knowledge of pigment color mixing, specialty theatrical techniques, faux finishes,and associated painting tools.
- Ability to work independently.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Experience supervising and managing others.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- Ability to enlarge scaled images into full sized scenery.
10% contribution to the IATSE National Benefits Fund. Overtime after 8 hours daily, 40 hours weekly, and pre-determined holidays.
EOE: Bristol Riverside Theatre is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
TO APPLY: E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Scenic Charge Painter” in the subject line. Qualified candidates may be asked to submit additional information, including references from people with whom they have worked in the theatre industry.