Organization: Bristol Riverside Theatre
Position: Development Manager, Institutional Giving
Terms of Employment: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Location: 120 Radcliffe Street, Bristol, PA 19007
Bristol Riverside Theatre is a mid-sized regional theatre whose mission is to engage audiences and artists alike with exceptional performances, inspired writing, and superior productions that motivate us to think harder, to feel more deeply, to laugh more joyfully, and to reflect on ourselves and the world in which we live. Located in the historic district of Bristol Borough, the theatre has a full-time staff of 13 employees and sits in a beautiful park set on the banks of the Delaware River. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives and reflects our community. We offer over 200 performances per year including 5 mainstage theatre productions, 3-8 presented theatre productions, and 4-8 concerts.
We seek a driven, organized, and collaborative Development Manager who is passionate about theatre and an exceptional writer. The Development Manager oversees all aspects of the Theatre’s foundation, corporate, and government fundraising campaigns. This position works in collaboration with the Senior Director of Relationships and reports directly to the Producing Directors. This position is an integral part of a 13-person team and will help assist with company events that involve the entire staff.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Development Manager performs the following duties:
- Manages the grant calendar and ensures all deadlines are met
- Writes grant proposals and reports;
- Collaborates with departments as needed but ultimately does the research, writing, proofreading, submitting, and follow up; this includes understanding budgets and financials; and speaking with artists to find out the whys and hows of artistic projects
- Develops relationships with new foundation funders;
- Includes research, setting up introductory meetings, and speaking articulately and passionately about our work.
- Maintains relationships with representatives at all levels of government;
- Sets up periodic meetings to keep representatives up to date and briefs producing directors/board members before meetings
- Pursues corporate sponsorship opportunities and ensures sponsor benefits are fulfilled;
- Independently renews sponsorships annually;
- identifies and researches potential sponsors;
- Pursues and solicits sponsors up to $10k; works with board and producing directors to pursue sponsors over $10k.
- Maintains Tessitura database records for institutional funders; and
- Assists the Senior Director of Relationships and the Producing Directors with gala and donor events.
DESIRED TRAITS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
The desired experience and qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Outstanding communication skills
- Friendly, sociable, and capable of working a room
- Strong organizational skills
- Donor database experience (Tessitura experience preferred)
- Ability to work in a team-environment
EOE: Bristol Riverside Theatre is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives and better reflects the community as a whole. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
TO APPLY: E-mail your resume to email@example.com with “Development Manager, Institutional Giving” in the subject line. With your resume, please submit a cover letter describing what attracted you to this job and your qualifications. Qualified candidates may be asked to submit additional information, including references.