Location: Snyder-Girotti Elementary School
Address: 450 Beaver St, Bristol, PA
Monday-Friday (Friday is a half day/staff training. Fridays may include showcase prep at BRT. The time frame for Fridays, 9am-12pm)
Training: June: 28, 29, July 5, 6, 7
$75- per day of training, 9am-2pm
Camp dates: July 10-Aug 4th (4 weeks)
Counselor rate: Up to $550-per week of camp
There are three age groups of campers.
Juniors (ages 7-9)
Seniors are (ages 10-12)
Teens are (ages 13-17)
The Counselor role requires an assertive individual who is experienced working with children and teens in a creative environment. We are seeking compassionate counselors who are attentive to the social and emotional well-being of ArtRageous campers.
The Counselor role is a great fit for someone with the following skills:
- Excellent time management skills and attendance
- Ability to anticipate next steps
- Applying appropriate strategies in the moment when working with campers
- Motivating and encouraging campers to participate in performing arts activities with patience and compassion
- Great listening skills and exceptional problem-solving skills
- The ability to effectively multi-task, and complete given tasks specific to camp projects
- *Classroom management*
- Mentorship is key! Building a positive rapport with campers while remaining conscious of appropriate boundaries
- Prioritizing a positive, safe, and empowering environment for campers
- Facilitating games and activities with campers
- Supporting campers, and helping them in preparation of their showcase
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing about camper progress and challenges.
- Application of de-escalation strategies such as mindfulness methods, calming down strategies, comfortable encouraging peer to peer communication
- Comfortable redirecting campers when needed, and reviewing camp expectations
- Knowledgeable of best practices and strategies in supporting youth with various behavioral challenges
*Additional experience is a plus. See below!
- Theatre Teaching Artists
- Experienced educator or college student pursuing education, theatre, or arts education
- Teacher’s Aid
- Paraprofessional experienced in serving children with special needs
This position requires employees to have or obtain the following background checks:
Criminal History (PATCH)
Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse History Clearance
IdentoGO Fingerprinting Application for Federal (FBI) Criminal History Record Information
Learn more about ArtRageous Summer Camp! Click here.
If you are interested in this position please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to ArtRageous@brtstage.org. Attn: Katrina Pilchman
EOE: Bristol Riverside Theatre is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives and better reflects the community as a whole. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.