Organization: Bristol Riverside Theatre
Position: Audio Engineer
Terms of Employment: Part Time, Year-Round
Salary Range: $25.71/hour (goes to $26.48 on 9/1/23)
Union Status: IATSE Local 8 (do not need to be union to apply, but must join once hired).
Location: 120 Radcliffe Street, Bristol, PA 19007
Bristol Riverside Theatre is a mid-sized regional theatre whose mission is to engage audiences and artists alike with exceptional performances, inspired writing, and superior productions that motivate us to think harder, to feel more deeply, to laugh more joyfully, and to reflect on ourselves and the world in which we live. Located in the historic district of Bristol Borough, the theatre has a full-time staff of 13 employees.We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives and reflects our community. We offer over 200 performances per year including 5 mainstage theatre productions, 3-8 presented theatre productions, and 4-8 concerts.
We seek a collaborative and organized Head Audio Engineer who will manage and oversee all aspects of the theatre’s sound equipment. The A1 position includes, but is not limited to, maintaining inventory, renting additional equipment, supervising the audio crew for all on site events, working with sound designers to realize their vision, and troubleshooting and ensuring the smooth operation of every show. This position is supervised by and reports directly to the Production Manager. BRT operates under a collective bargaining agreement with IASTE Local 8, representing the stagehands employed at the theatre. Weekly hours vary widely but over the course of a year the A1 can expect to work 1,750 – 2,000 hours per year (or an average of 34-38 hours per week).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Head Audio Engineer performs the following duties:
- Maintains and provides designers with current equipment inventory.
- Coordinates rentals with designers and Production Manager.
- Prepares all necessary paperwork for installation of designs.
- Schedules and supervises labor for work calls.
- Programs audio console during technical rehearsals.
- Maintains and mixes audio for performances.
- Estimates and manages budgets for departmental labor and materials.
- Provides sound for presented tours, concerts, and special events.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The desired experience and qualifications for this position includes:
- Degree in audio + 2 years experience, or 5 years of experience mixing live audio in a theatrical setting.
- Proficiency with Vectorworks and/or AutoCAD.
- Experience with both wired and wireless RF audio systems
- Experience with audio system setup and optimization (EQ, Crossover, Delay Settings)
- Working knowledge of basic signal flow principles (Stage Patch/FOH Patch)
- Working knowledge of basic gain structure principles (System and Console)
- Working knowledge of QLab (Audio and projection)
- Dante Certified preferred
10% contribution to the IATSE National Benefits Fund. Overtime after 8 hours daily, 40 hours weekly, and pre-determined holidays.
EOE: Bristol Riverside Theatre is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
TO APPLY: E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Audio Engineer” in the subject line. Qualified candidates may be asked to submit additional information, including references from people with whom they have worked in the theatre industry.